Yesterday Comixology announced the most recent update to their much praised comic reading app on the iPod, iPhone, and iPad. However, the press release on their site does not mention the update to 3.0 for Android devices so at this time I believe the update is only for iOS devices. The features in this update are pretty cool to say the least, one of which is increased load speed which is always a good thing.
Some of the new features include giving your digital store purchases their own tab at the bottom so that it doesn’t clutter up the “My Comics” tab with undownloaded comics. Also, users now have the ability to pause and resume comic downloads in order to prioritize which comic books they would like to download and read first. My personal favorite new feature is that you can now download comics in the background so that you can queue up and download your comics while you are using another app or while your device sits idle.
Here is a complete list of features coming in Comixology 3.0:
- Completely redesigned application
- Near instant launching
- Separate “Purchases” area that displays all owned comics
- New series groupings in store and “My Comics”
- Discover comics at much faster speeds
- Pause and prioritize downloads
- Background downloading
- Improved “Instant Search”
- Buy or continue reading the next issue at the end of a comic
Head over to Comixology by hitting the source link to see a video demo of Comixology 3.0 in action.
Source – Comixology Blog